When moving house, packing paintings, sculptures, and other artwork can be hard as they are delicate and highly vulnerable to damage. The safest bet is to consult the best removalists in the Gold Coast who can pack and move any […]
When moving house, packing paintings, sculptures, and other artwork can be hard as they are delicate and highly vulnerable to damage.
The safest bet is to consult the best removalists in the Gold Coast who can pack and move any art piece with utmost care and caution.
Continue reading the blog to know more tricks to ensure your valuable paintings and portraits reach safely at the new address without any scratch.
1.Grab the right packing supplies
There is nothing more heartbreaking than finding your favorite art piece broken while unpacking boxes.
Having the right quality and quantity of packing supplies ensures your belongings are safe throughout.
Some packing materials are:
- Packing peanuts
- Moving boxes
- Bubble wrap
- Moving blankets
- Corner protectors
Hire top movers and packers in Sydney and keep all your worries away. These experts have every tool and material to pack your stuff efficiently.
Whether it’s an expensive canvas or an old sculpture, packing artwork requires adequate care.
Some of the packing tips to follow are:
- Wrap anything from small art pieces to big paintings in bubble wrap to offer protection against dents and scratches
- Use moving blankets for oddly-shaped decorative items
- Use protective cardboard to cover both sides of the artwork
- If the painting doesn’t have a glass frame, place glassine paper between the canvas and the cardboard
- Fill the extra space in moving boxes with packing peanuts
- Pack art pieces in boxes according to their size and shape
Hire reliable removalists in Perth who have in-depth knowledge and expertise to pack artwork the right way.
3.Use corner protectors
Probably you might have framed art pieces that have sharp corners. You need to be extra careful with the edges rather than the surface.
Secure exposed edges to prevent any harm to yourself and the walls of your home.
The best solution is to use cardboard corner guards or protectors to cover glass edges while packing,
Hire professional moving services to enjoy a safe packing experience. These experts have high-quality material to pack your stuff the proper way. Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-melbourne/
and request a quote.
4.Get painter’s tape
Use painter’s tape to mark a large ‘X ‘ across the front side of glass paintings and photo frames.
This will work as cushioning material and will offer some security to your artwork against breakages.
Just in case the glass breaks while moving, the tape will prevent it from getting shattered in pieces and damaging your art.
In the moving chaos, it may be easy for you to forget to label your artwork boxes. But this is a big mistake.
Make sure to label all boxes containing
- Movers can load and unload the stuff carefully
- Makes unpacking task easier for you
- Know the contents inside the box at a glance
- Keep track of missing boxes
- Simplify your moving process to a great extent
- Wrap every art piece individually
- Don’t place anything heavy on boxes containing fragile artwork
- Avoid using newspaper to pack art pieces as it can leave stains
- Don’t use wax paper or parchment paper as it can damage your artwork
- Use a permanent marker to label boxes
- Use high-quality tape to seal boxes
In the end…
Packing valuable artwork is not as easy as a walk in the park. You need to follow proper techniques and safety precautions to get things done rightly.
An excellent idea is to hire an experienced moving company to help you pack, move, load, and unload your stuff with extra attention. Visit this website to seek help.